Location: Sweet Hollow, United States
Explore innovative strategies for harmonious land use, combining traditional wisdom with cutting edge techniques to build thriving communities.
This PDC will be focused on the harmonious transition of this picturesque hollow from a private residence to a thriving hub for holistic health, earth care, and community building. Strategies for increasing food production and promoting native species and medicinal herbs will be combined with non-invasive and ecological construction techniques to build a solid foundation and the capacity to host a variety of transformational experiences. Special attention will be paid to the traditional Cherokee and Lakota practices of this land in collaboration with experienced tribal leaders.
You will be certified as a Permaculture designer, a 72 hour certification that is internationally recognized by the Permaculture community. You will also have the knowledge and practical skills required to immediately begin designing and creating Permaculture projects and sustainable landscapes.
- Introduction to Permaculture - Definition, History and Ethics
- The Permaculture Principles
- Professional Ecological Design Process
- Strategies and Techniques for Sustainable Settlements, Communities, and Gardens
- Regenerative Earthworks Including Keyline® - Design, Survey, Layout, Strategies and Techniques
- Natural Building - Techniques and Theory
- Animal Systems - BeeKeeping, Goats, Poultry, Rabbits, Pigs and Vermiculture
- Design Strategies for Housing and Landscape Design
- Temperate Climate Strategies - Housing and Landscape Design
- Drylands Design Strategies - Housing and Landscape Design
- Social Permaculture
- Collaborative Economies & Financial Permaculture
- Climate Factors
- Pattern Understanding - Patterns in Nature, Patterns in Design, and Pattern Language
- Food Fermentation and Preservation
- Water Design Solutions - Catchment, Conservation, Grey Water Solutions, Swales, and Ponds
- Soils - Composition, Biology, Food Web, Remineralization, Fertility, and Human Health
- Aquaculture - Food Webs, Techniques and Fish Production
Seven Springs is a holistic retreat center, nestled in the bio-diverse foothills of the smoky mountains on 126 acres of mostly forested hills. With seven natural springs and an abundance of native species, this space is a vibrant system that allows for a wide array of explorations that will suit your individual interests.
food and dining
Eat delicious vegetarian meals sourced from and local organic producers
- Sow the seeds of a Permaculture Food Forest
- Connect with the ancestral Lakota and Cherokee roots of this sacred land
- Explore the beautiful forest paths, natural springs and wild abundance
- Live in sustainably built Yurts and experience conscious off-the-grid living
- Practice yoga in beautiful natural indoor and outdoor spaces surrounded by forest
- Professional Massage and Wellness Counseling, various therapies available
Terms and Conditions