Location: Vilankulo, Mozambique
This unique retreat is blending the physical and mental purification of the Massage treatments and the healing powers of the surrounding nature. In this retreat you have also the amazing opportunity to explore the nature and the wonders of Bazaruto Archipelago. A program that includes different types of massages and body treatments along with delicious and healthy meals. Embracing the soul of essential oils, Bahia Mar SPA chose a new generation of aroma wellness for the in-house treatments based on purist aromatherapy principles, in which essential oils are lipo-soluble, meaning they penetrate fast and deep into the skin, “aroma serums” and organic ingredients form the DNA of the extensive range, promising profound results.
The Bahia Mar, is located where the azure waters of the Indian Ocean touch the palm fringed beaches of Vilankulos on mainland Mozambique. It is the ultimate destination for visitors wanting to experience colourful local culture as well as the fabulous beauty of the Bazaruto Archipelago. Situated on an elevated plateau with panoramic views over the Archipelago, the lodge, á la carte restaurant, infinity pool and bar and fully equipped wellness centre offer the finest in pampering and indulgence. Follow the path downwards to our modern boutique accommodation, where your spacious, en-suite Sea View bedroom or Beach Suite bedroom is waiting for you. Air conditioning, mini bar, Internet access and hairdryers are standard in all the bedrooms. Verandas and indigenous gardens enhance your outdoor enjoyment and, of course, the magnificent Indian Ocean is right on your doorstep.
food and dining
Chef Nelson and the kitchen team have not only included a brilliant breakfast during your stay, but have also launched an amazing new A- La-Carte menu. The infinity pool and bar are the perfect venue to try our fresh fruit smoothies and delicious detox juices.
- 5 or 7 day retreat program which can be flexible according to your schedule and available anytime throughout the year,
- All treatments use local and organic ingredients free of chemicals and parabens,
- Located in one of the most beautiful Marine Park areas in the world, the Bazaruto National Park is the perfect destination for lovers of azure waters and marine life,
- The accommodation and facilities focus in a modern style and comfort,
- In this retreat you can mix and match a perfect holiday that will help you relax, detox, rejuvenate and at the same time allow you to explore the beauty of your surroundings.
- Far from crowds and close to untouched nature and local culture.
- $1,300 - 5 Day Retreat - Sea View Double
- $1,500 - 5 Day Retreat - Sea View Single
- $1,650 - 5 Day Retreat - Beach Suite Double
- $1,700 - 7 Day Retreat - Sea View Double
- $2,000 - 7 Day Retreat - Sea View Single
- $2,050 - 5 Day Retreat - Beach Suite Single
- $2,250 - 7 Day Retreat - Beach Suite Double
- $2,780 - 7 Day Retreat - Beach Suite Single
Vilankulo lies at the gateway of the Bazaruto Archipelago – Mozambique’s only underwater National Park – which comprises five islands – Bazaruto, Benguerra, Margaruque, Bangue and Santa Carolina (commonly known as Paradise Island). Vilankulos hosts an international airport with flights departing to and from Maputo and Johannesburg on a daily basis. There are also flights from KMIA (Nelspruit) to Vilanculos twice weekly.The International Airport is serviced by LAM and by Airlink. Bahia Mar is situated just 8km from the Vilankulo International Airport. The lodge arranges transfers for guests to and from the airport.
Driving: The roads to Vilankulos are acceptable and tarred, but look out for potholes en route; a 4x4 is not a necessity. We do not suggest travelling at night in Mozambique. Fuel is readily available, but it is suggested to fill up whenever possible. Unleaded fuel is available in Vilankulos.
Terms and Conditions